Monday, October 21, 2013

Charlie Just Quit Martial arts!

This past sat Oct 19th I injured my knee rolling jujitsu to the extent of no weight barring at all.Ill be getting MRI tonight and just go done with my X-rays( looking like surgery).These past couple days while on crutches Folks who know me have said to me" Charlie your hurt again why don't you just quit" " Dude just stop training and go get a 9-5 job" " another surgery your body is going to hurt later in life give up on the marital arts"
Parents haven't been thrilled with seeing my injuries either.

We as humans seek comfort in our everyday lives weather it be through job security,spouse,location of where you live, or foods that makes us feel good (comfort food). It seems more seek comfort then discomfort for the FEAR or not knowing. Isn't that the usually case just do what works and don't Risk more.


Martial arts has shaped my life to what I'm today and I'm proud to say its in a positive state.
To give you my answer After my last surgery I felt something dieing inside of me everyday little by little by little and it feels great. I feel the Quitter, give up,  Loser, I want comfort mentality leaving my mind and soul. Quitting is FOREVER don't get into the comfort zone make it a point to always strive for more out of your life Carry the Samurai mentality

The warrior's intention should be simply to grasp his sword and to die.
- Kiyomasa Kato (1562-1611)

No comments:

Post a Comment