Wednesday, September 4, 2013

5 things you didn't know about BRASIL

I recently visited BRASIL for the whole month of July and traveled in the south a bit. Heres what I discovered 

#1 not everyone looks dark and has dark hair a matter of fact in Curitiba looks like a small Eastern Europe with very light skin and eyes.

#2 There isn't ACAI bowls on every street corner I spoke with some of my girl friends family members and they've never even eaten to stuff! 

#3 don't assume if you speak Spanish its ok to rattle of Spanish to the natives of BRASIL is very disrespectful and they'll probly ignore this and walk away ( it's not the same!)

#4 RIO in tourist areas  isn't as dangerous as everyone makes it out to be unless your being plain dumb and waking around with jewelry, cameras , other expensive things out. I was lucky enough to  have a friend tour me and my girl friend in  public transportation in non tourist areas.It actually seemed safe then NYC. Not saying there isn't bad areas everywhere in the world but its not a WAR zone there.

#5 Hot weather isn't all across the country at all times in all places. During our summer ( America ) it's Brazil's winter and in Curitiba where we spent 2 plus weeks it was 30 degrees !!!! It snowed at one point. I learned the hard way and didn't bring a coat. 

No comments:

Post a Comment