Monday, August 10, 2015

Why I'm not a Kru

The word Kru is Thai word for an Instructor or Master teacher of  (Thai Boxing). I'd like to first start off by saying if John Wayne parr below doesn't consider himself a Kru I sure don't either 
After hearing John Wayne are on the Joe Rogan podcast he specified that he lived in Thailand and trained with Thai boxers for many of years. He is a multi world champion and has an extensive background in Thai boxing and still doesn't consider himself a Kru. My first like to state for me personally if I ever want to consider myself to be a Kru I would like to be appointed by a thai person from a Thai boxing camp in Thailand ( even then I don't know that id expect it fully )
Not only have I never been to Thailand to train with thaiboxer's but I've never had a formal Thai boxing match before myself. I've  trained with people who have been to Thailand I trained with Thai people in America. I would also like to state that my original background for Martial Arts is JKD 15 years ago  - Jeet June Bruce lees  fighting .Since then I've trained in multiple Martial Arts boxing , kickboxing,Muay Thai, Silat ,sambo, JiuJitsu, wingchun, TKD ,Mma , wresting , catch wrestling just to name a few ;) . I don't like to put myself in a box and say that I'm one thing because originally I started with JKD which was intended not to be any one thing and I intend on keeping it that way.

 "Using no way as a way, having no limitation as limitation." - Bruce lee 

No comments:

Post a Comment